The Women University Multan

"ilm tafakkur tadabbur"

menu

Faculty of Religion and Languages

Department of English

Overview

Department of English at former Govt. College for Women was established on 1st September 1947. Since independence it has been enjoying the unparalleled prestige of being the source of guidance under the excellent guidance of highly qualified and experienced staff. Initially students of F.A were taught here. F.Sc and B.Sc classes were introduced in 1953 and 1962 respectively. M.A English was introduced in 1986. In 2010 the BS program was launched to cope with the requirements of international standards. The Act of Women University was approved by the Punjab assembly in 2010 and by the amendment; the college was merged in the Women University in 2012. In 2013 M.Phil. and Ph.D. Programs were offered and are successfully running in the department.